City could be set to sign an emergency keeper on loan until the end of the season, according to the BBC.
The blues made their request to the FA following news that Given will miss the remainder of the season after being substituted at Arsenal on Saturday with a dislocated shoulder.
However, Joe Hart is on loan at Birmingham until the end of the season and Given’s back-up, Stuart Taylor is himself sidelined through injury, meaning Saturday’s replacement, Gunnar Neilsen is the only available keeper.
And without any recognised back-up, it is looking likely that, given the circumstances, the FA will grant the blues permission to sign a keeper on loan, despite the fact that the transfer window closed on 1st February.
Sunderland’s Marton Fulop has been touted as a possible replacement for the final three games of the season.
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town –Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Club World Cup final: Manchester City vs Fluminense Preview, Prediction & Team News
- Preview: Urawa Red Diamonds vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups