Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne is closing in on a two year extension at the club.
The Belgian is arguably the best player in the Premier League right now and his decision to extend his stay at the club will come as a huge boost to the fans and the players.
Apparently, De Bruyne will earn around £300k-a-week once the agreement is finalised.
Currently, the player earns around £280k-a-week and the deal runs until 2023.
De Bruyne has been crucial to Manchester City’s domestic domination and he could lead them to European glory as well.
It will be interesting to see if the 29-year-old can lead Manchester City to their first ever Champions league win over the next few years.
De Bruyne is at the peak of his career right now and it is no surprise that Manchester City are willing to shell out big money to keep him at the club.
The Belgian is probably the best attacking midfielder in the world right now and replacing him would be impossible if he decided to leave.
City will need players like him at their disposal if they are to dominate English football in the coming years.
- Ederson urges the Premier League to bring in concussion substitutes
- City chased by Chelsea and United for Dennis Zakaria
- Big blow for Man City – Barcelona presidential candidate Laporta confident of Messi stay
- Guardiola lays down the roadmap for City’s clash against Porto
- Ederson stakes claim: I’m the best penalty taker at Man City
- Pep rules out including academy players against Porto
- Pep Guardiola: Joao Cancelo has made an incredible impact this season
- Stones leapfrogs Garcia in Man City’s defensive order
- Gabriel Jesus happy to give up records for European success with Man City
- Guardiola rejects any idea of resting players