Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne has confirmed that he is in talks with the club over a new contract.
The 28-year-old has a contract with Manchester City until the summer of 2023 and he is open to extending his stay at the club.
The midfielder’s agent was arrested in August and therefore he is representing himself in negotiations right now.
It will be interesting to see if Manchester City can tie him down to a long term deal in the coming months.
There is no doubt that the Belgian is the best player in the Premier League right now and keeping him at the club should be Manchester City stop priority.
He has helped the club win the Premier League and he will be hoping to guide them to a Champions League win this season.
The midfielder confirmed that he is happy in Manchester and he would like to stay with the club. His comments will certainly excite the Manchester City fans who will be hoping to see him at the club for years to come.
“I am happy in Manchester,” De Bruyne told the Belgian TV station VTM Nieuws (via Guardian). “I am at a good club. Good owners. Good club. We are a bit in talks – not advanced. At the moment I am doing the talks myself. I would like to stay with the club, so it’s easy. If I didn’t want to stay, it would take someone to mediate. But when you want to stay, it’s not so difficult.”
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement