Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne has confirmed that he is in talks with the club over a new contract.
The 28-year-old has a contract with Manchester City until the summer of 2023 and he is open to extending his stay at the club.
The midfielder’s agent was arrested in August and therefore he is representing himself in negotiations right now.
It will be interesting to see if Manchester City can tie him down to a long term deal in the coming months.
There is no doubt that the Belgian is the best player in the Premier League right now and keeping him at the club should be Manchester City stop priority.
He has helped the club win the Premier League and he will be hoping to guide them to a Champions League win this season.
The midfielder confirmed that he is happy in Manchester and he would like to stay with the club. His comments will certainly excite the Manchester City fans who will be hoping to see him at the club for years to come.
“I am happy in Manchester,” De Bruyne told the Belgian TV station VTM Nieuws (via Guardian). “I am at a good club. Good owners. Good club. We are a bit in talks – not advanced. At the moment I am doing the talks myself. I would like to stay with the club, so it’s easy. If I didn’t want to stay, it would take someone to mediate. But when you want to stay, it’s not so difficult.”
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan
- Nathan Ake to return to training by the end of the week
- Eric Garcia to be the priority for Barcelona in the January transfer window – overtakes Memphis Depay for the top spot