Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola’s decision to renew his contract has sent waves of joy across the club.
The club officials, players and fans have been quick to express their joy at his decision.
Speaking to the official club website, Chairman of the City Football Group, Khaldoon Al-Mubarak showered Guardiola with praise.
He said : “It is testament to the qualities of the man that Pep Guardiola ’s passion and intelligent approach are now woven into the very fabric of the football we play and our culture as Club.”
“That impact has been central to our success during his tenure and it is why I am delighted that he shares our view that there is so much more to be achieved both on and off the field”.
“I’m sure all City fans share my delight in this new agreement and in anticipating the exciting opportunities that, with continued hard work, are there to be taken.”
Guardiola’s contract renewal extends his stay in England till 2023.
Now, with the doubts over Guardiola’s future out of the way, Manchester City must focus on overcoming their sluggish start to the season.
Pep Guardiola spurred the advances of European Giants Juventus and PSG to extend his stay at the club.
- Manchester City Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester City v Liverpool – Carabao Cup Fourth Round Draw – News & Predictions
- Man City must contend with Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea this season
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits