Former Manchester City captain and current RSC Anderlecht manager Vincent Kompany heaped praise on loanee Lukas Nmecha.
Lukas Nmecha is on loan to Anderlecht from Man City.
Speaking after Anderlecht’s 3-1 win over Kortrijk in the Belgian Pro League, Kompany told Belgian outlet VoetbalKrant :
“I remain cautious with statements about Lukas“.
“He’s a complete striker but this was not his best match“.
“He can do even better and in time it will become clear to everyone what a top talent he actually is.“
Nmecha scored 2 goals to secure the 3-1 win over Kortrijk.
Lukas Nmecha is having a big impact at Anderlecht, scoring four goals from seven Belgian Pro League appearances.
A Youth academy product, Nmecha is regarded very highly at the club. He has featured 2 times for the club, scoring his goal in a penalty shootout against Leicester City in the EFL cup.
The lack of playing time has lead him to be loaned out. He has played for Preston North End, VLF Wolfsburg and Middlesbrough before joining Anderlecht.
Nmecha’ success in Belgium will warm the hearts of the fans, specially considering the current striker crisis at Manchester City.
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan
- Nathan Ake to return to training by the end of the week
- Eric Garcia to be the priority for Barcelona in the January transfer window – overtakes Memphis Depay for the top spot