Former Manchester City captain and current RSC Anderlecht manager Vincent Kompany heaped praise on loanee Lukas Nmecha.
Lukas Nmecha is on loan to Anderlecht from Man City.
Speaking after Anderlecht’s 3-1 win over Kortrijk in the Belgian Pro League, Kompany told Belgian outlet VoetbalKrant :
“I remain cautious with statements about Lukas“.
“He’s a complete striker but this was not his best match“.
“He can do even better and in time it will become clear to everyone what a top talent he actually is.“
Nmecha scored 2 goals to secure the 3-1 win over Kortrijk.
Lukas Nmecha is having a big impact at Anderlecht, scoring four goals from seven Belgian Pro League appearances.
A Youth academy product, Nmecha is regarded very highly at the club. He has featured 2 times for the club, scoring his goal in a penalty shootout against Leicester City in the EFL cup.
The lack of playing time has lead him to be loaned out. He has played for Preston North End, VLF Wolfsburg and Middlesbrough before joining Anderlecht.
Nmecha’ success in Belgium will warm the hearts of the fans, specially considering the current striker crisis at Manchester City.
- Manchester City Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester City v Liverpool – Carabao Cup Fourth Round Draw – News & Predictions
- Man City must contend with Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea this season
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits