In the day’s non-surprising news, Joleon Lescott has been ruled out of Wednesday night’s crunch game with Spurs and the final game of the season at West Ham.
The former Everton man has been out with a hamstring injury which occurred during the warm-up prior to City’s 2-1 win at Fulham in March. The England defender had been hopeful of only being out for four to six weeks but now it has been confirmed that he will miss City’s two vital remaining games.
Lescott has only featured 25 times this season and his place in the future City team could be under threat, particularly if City sign centre-half David Luiz from Benfica.
But Lescott is still hopeful of being fit in time for England’s World Cup campaign in South Africa and will be desperate to prove his worth to Fabio Capello.
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups