After seven successive league draws, some against sides whose point gained against City could mean Premiership survival, a domestic cup competition saw the side refocused and playing good football. Manchester City’s focus on the League Cup has in fact paid off.
The first half was a dour affair, but second half wonder goals from Carlos Tevez and SWP as well as a nice finish by Vladamir Weiss gave the Blues passage to the clubs first Cup semifinal since 1981. In recent years City has come close to making the semifinals of a major cup, reaching the Quartfinals of the FA Cup in 2007 and the UEFA Cup last Spring.
Much more later on the upcominf two leg semifinal tie with Manchester United.
- Manchester City have beaten Manchester United in the race for Filip Stevanovic
- Pep Guardiola slams the Premier League for not allowing five substitutions
- Phil Foden set to be recalled into the England squad by Gareth Southgate
- Barcelona could return for Eric Garcia in January
- Victor Font wants Guardiola back at Barcelona
- City ponder on €130m rated Portuguese sensation
- Man City monitoring £20m rated Salzburg striker
- Pep Guardiola heaps praise on Man City ace Ferran Torres
- Pep Guardiola takes a swipe at Man City critics
- Man City monitoring 4 time UCL winning Spanish midfielder