Manchester City have claimed the signing rights of 15yr old Mexican hotshot Alex Alcala.
According to ESPN, Alcala, who recently signed for LA Galaxy, is set to join Manchester City when he turns 18.
Alcala is considered one of Mexico’s brightest young talents. The forward has already been to Manchester twice to train with City. He has also trained at Barcelona’s world famous academy La Masia.
Alcala can represent both the United States or Mexico on the International stage. He is currently a part of Mexico’s U16 youth national team.
He will join the Galaxy’s academy soon. He hadn’t previously signed with a professional club, instead opting to play locally in California.
City will monitor the player’s progress as he moves through the ranks at LA Galaxy. They will be able to trigger the set buy-out fee when Alcala turns 18.
Alcala has been labeled the “Mexican Messi” in some quarters of the press in Mexico due to his technical ability on the ball.
LA Galaxy are set to announce the signing of Alex Alcala in the coming days.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville