Manchester City visit Stoke City on Monday aiming to take another step towards winning this season’s Premier League title.
City blasted seven past Stoke back in October and it is hard to imagine them not completing the double at the bet365 Stadium.
Pep Guardiola’s side are 16 points clear of Manchester United with nine games to play, while Stoke are still in the bottom three after a turbulent season.
Raheem Sterling and Fernandinho could return for City, but the home side will be without Mame Biram Diouf, Lee Grant and Stephen Ireland.
City are priced at 2/9 to win the game, with Stoke on offer at 11/1. The draw is available at 5/1.
Stoke’s recent record against City will be a cause for concern for manager Paul Lambert, with the Potters winning just two of their previous 21 meetings in all competitions.
One win in their last 10 matches in the Premier League has left Stoke deep in trouble and with games against Everton, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur to come over the next few weeks they desperately need to find a way to spring a surprise or two.
City’s 4-3 defeat at Liverpool during January remains their only league defeat of the season and they look a banker bet to move closer to the title on Monday.
The visitors have conceded just 10 goals in 14 league games away from home this term and can be backed with confidence at 10/11 to win to nil against Stoke.
- Guardiola takes responsibility for Man City’s European woes
- Man City Roundup: Koulibaly bid revealed, Zabaleta could return in non-playing role
- Bernardo Silva predicts tighter title race this season
- Pep Guardiola reacts to Sergio Aguero’s conduct involving match official against Arsenal
- Barcelona plotting January raid on Manchester City
- Manchester City could make a move for Lionel Messi in January
- Match Preview : Man City vs Arsenal
- Manchester City facing injury crisis ahead of Arsenal clash
- Inter Milan will look to sign Sergio Aguero next summer
- Kevin De Bruyne closing in £300k-a-week extension at Manchester City