Anti-European Super League banners have been hung outside of the Etihad Stadium this evening after Manchester City enlisted in the proposed breakaway competition.
Manchester City fans have protested against their side’s involvement in the European Super League.
The ESL confirmed on Sunday that Manchester City were among the six clubs from the Premier League to state their intent to be part of the tournament.
As a result, Manchester City could face being expelled from the Champions League.
Man City fans have acted as angrily as all other football fans have at the announcement of the European Super League.
On Monday evening, banners were put up outside the Etihad Stadium which affirmed the supporters’ stance – against plans for City to be a part of the European Super League.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville