Manchester City loanee Yangel Herrera just can’t stop scoring.
On loan to Granada, Yangel Herrera has scored 5 goals in 8 appearances this season.
A defensive midfielder by trade, Herrera’s attacking contributions come as a welcome surprise to his employers. His output in the offensive side of the game has been crucial in Granada’s impressive early form since the onset of the new season.
For example, just in Granada’s previous match against Getafe, Herrera’s tricky feet inside the box earned him a penalty, helping his side earn a 1-0 win due to his efforts.
Although, his attacking contributions are being talked about more, Herrera is no amateur in the defensive department.
His stats speak for themselves.
The Venezuelan International averages 2 successful tackles, 1 interception and 3.8 aerial battles every game. His all round game play is helping Granada scale new heights in both the La Liga and Uefa Europa League.
Since signing for Man City in the summer of 2018, Herrera has been out on loan. His travels have taken him to New York City FC, Huesca CF and finally Granada.
Though he hasn’t been given a chance to prove himself in the first team, his impressive performances in a top league such as La Liga would surely give him rent free space in the minds of the Man City club officials.
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan
- Nathan Ake to return to training by the end of the week
- Eric Garcia to be the priority for Barcelona in the January transfer window – overtakes Memphis Depay for the top spot