According to an exclusive report by 90min, Manchester City are keeping a close eye on RB Salzburg striker Patson Daka.
He could join the likes of Kylian Mbappe and Erling Haaland on Man City’s list to replace Sergio Aguero.
Patson Daka has been very impressive during his stint at Salzburg. He has effectively replaced Erling Haaland as the club’s talisman.
Man City may face competition from about 20 other teams in Europe for the Zambian International.
City’s striker situation makes the position a priority for the club. They are currently without a specialist striker in the squad, with both Aguero and Gabriel Jesus sidelined due to injuries.
Sergio Aguero’s contract situation also makes it necessary for the club to start making a replacement shortlist.
The Argentine superstar’s stay at Man City will come to an end next summer. A contract extension may be on the cards, but no talks have started as of this time.
However, Club manager Pep Guardiola did accept that Aguero’s physical condition would play a big role if the striker wants to extend his contract.
Man City were looking to sign a striker in the summer, but a lack of funds and the absence of a well thought out name put an end to that. 90min has also learned from their sources that Manchester City are looking to sign at least one top striker in 2021.
Patson Daka is valued at £20 million by Transfermarket.
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Kalvin Phillips IN; Jesus & Sterling OUT
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Guardiola Targeting Two Premier League Defenders
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups