Manchester City are very interested in Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish.
This was revealed by reliable football writer David Ornstein in the Tifo podcast.
Jack Grealish has been sensational since his return to the Premier League. The Villa captain was very instrumental in his team’s victory against a close relegation fight last season.
He was the target of intense speculation in the summer transfer window. Grealish was coveted by both the Manchester clubs.
Manchester United were really hoping to bring Grealish to the Old Trafford. But, their fixation with Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho put an end to the Grealish deal.
Another problem in this transfer was Aston Villa’s outrageous transfer demand. The Midlands club were looking for a fee close to £80million to let go of their captain.
Manchester City had also shown interest in Grealish in the summer. Though not a strong desire as United, City were hoping to bring the superstar to The Etihad.
Man City manager Pep Guardiola rates Grealish very highly, calling him one of the best players in the Premier League. In fact, it was Guardiola who was the driving force behind City’s interest in Grealish.
Though, a move for the midfielder is not so easy now.
Jack Grealish signed a new contract extension at Aston Villa. This extends his stay at the Midlands for 5 more years.
Grealish is quickly establishing himself as one of England’s finest talents. The Captain has been the force behind Aston Villa’s stunning form this campaign, scoring 4 and assisting 5 goals in 7 matches.
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Kalvin Phillips IN; Jesus & Sterling OUT
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Guardiola Targeting Two Premier League Defenders
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend