Manchester City winger Riyad Mahrez has denied the quotes linking him to French Champions Paris Saint Germain.
Speaking exclusively to City Xtra , he said that quotes concerning himself and possible interest from PSG are ‘fake’.
The comments linking him to an exit were first relayed on social media platform Twitter by ‘ActuFoot‘, suggesting that Mahrez has spoken to French television organisation Canal+ regarding his future at Man City.
The comments which started this mess were:
“Paris is my city, for the moment I am under contract with Manchester City, but I am not closing any doors, if PSG wants me, I will think about it.”
There have been some sections of fans claiming that these comments were made in the midst of Manchester City’s ban from European football last year, However this is not the case.
Riyad Mahrez has never thought of a switch to PSG , nor has he commented on a possible move.
Though, Riyad Mahrez was linked to an exit from Man City in the summer, with reports claiming Spanish champions Real Madrid were looking at the Algerian as a possible replacement for Gareth Bale.
Riyad Mahrez arrived at Man City from Leicester City in the summer of 2018 for a then club record fee of £60 million.
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan
- Nathan Ake to return to training by the end of the week
- Eric Garcia to be the priority for Barcelona in the January transfer window – overtakes Memphis Depay for the top spot