Manchester City are prepared to consider a January move for the Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi.
The 33 year old was linked with a move away from Spain earlier this summer but he ended up honoring his contract with the Spanish club.
According to Daily Star, City are one of the favourites to sign the Argentine attacker and they could offer Barcelona a fee of around 15 million when the transfer window reopens in January.
Barcelona are set to lose Messi on a free transfer next summer and it will be interesting to see if they attempted to cash in on him midway through the season.
The Spanish giants will be hoping to win the League title this year and do well in the European competitions. Selling the best player in the world halfway through the season could be damaging to their ambitions.
It is highly unlikely that Barcelona will sanction the sale of Lionel Messi in January.
Manchester City might have to wait until the end of the season to get there man.
Pep Guardiola has worked with Lionel Messi at Barcelona and the dual enjoyed great success together. If Messi moves to Manchester, Guardiola will be hoping to recreate their successful partnership in England as well.
French outfit PSG are keen on signing the Argentine star and there is interest from Major League Soccer in America as well.
It will be interesting to see where the 33-year-old ends up next summer. Messi is still good enough to improve most teams in world football and he should look to join a top European club regardless of his age right now.
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town –Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Club World Cup final: Manchester City vs Fluminense Preview, Prediction & Team News
- Preview: Urawa Red Diamonds vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups