Manchester City could make their move for Lionel Messi next summer.
The Argentine is in the final year of his contract and he wanted to leave earlier this summer. However, Barcelona have managed to force him to see out his deal and it will be interesting to see where he ends up next year.
Manchester City’s Chief Operating Officer Omar Berrada has claimed that the Premier League giants could move to secure Messi’s services.
Berrada said: “He’s an amazing talent , he’s somebody that can make a significant impact at any club in the world on and off the pitch immediately.
“He’s the best player in the world, he’s the best player of his generation. I think any club in the world would like to explore the possibility of him joining their team. The fact that it was commented that he wanted to come to play for City just shows you how far the team has come over the last years where the best talent of his generation and potentially saying he wants to come and play for us.
“It’s hard to guess what could happen. If you think back to those two weeks where everything played out at Barcelona, it’s almost impossible to guess what will happen next summer. Messi is a generational talent, he’s the best player in the world and probably an exception to potential investments that we’d do out of the ordinary but our planning has been done with this current squad and it is being considered with the current opportunities that we have.”
Pep Guardiola has a fantastic squad at his disposal and adding Messi to that would be sensational business. City are yet to win the Champions League and the signing of Messi could be the final piece of the jigsaw.
The Argentine superstar is the best player of his generation and despite his age, he could be a very useful player for any side in world football.
Messi has adapted his game according to his physical limitations that come with age and he could be a world class playmaker for City if he joins the club.
City might have to shatter their wage structure in order to land the player but chance to sign a player like him on a free transfer is impossible to turn down.
- Man City monitoring £20m rated Salzburg striker
- Pep Guardiola heaps praise on Man City ace Ferran Torres
- Pep Guardiola takes a swipe at Man City critics
- Man City monitoring 4 time UCL winning Spanish midfielder
- City urged to sign ex striker by former player
- Kompany believes Lukas Nmecha is a complete striker
- Bernardo Silva would love to see Kylian Mbappe at Manchester City
- Sergio Aguero could be out for a month with injury
- Guardiola confirms Man City considered signing a striker this summer
- Man City loanee just can’t stop scoring