Manchester City are looking to agree on a new deal with Pep Guardiola.
The Spanish manager has a contract with the club until next summer and it will be interesting to see if he decides to extend his stay at the English club.
Guardiola has done exceedingly well at City so far and the Premier league giants have won every domestic trophy available to them. However, they have been below par in the Champions League.
City still rate the Spaniard very highly and they are willing to give him the time to decide his future. However, they are prepared to start planning for a future without him if he chooses to move on.
Guardiola has not stayed at any club for too long and he might decide to try out another challenge next summer.
That said, he would probably want to win the Champions league with City once before moving on. The Premier League side have backed him considerably when it comes to new players and it is time for him to deliver the biggest trophy in club football.
“It speaks as to how far the club has come that Pep has done his longest managerial tenure with us. That means that he is happy being here,” Manchester City COO Berrada said. “He is comfortable here. Pep is the best manager in the world and we want him to stay.
“We will have a conversation with him at the right time and hope he does extend his stay because his contribution has been enormous and will be long-lasting. Those conversations will happen at the right time but our position is very clear: we do want him to stay.
“If there was a sense that we would need to start planning for succession, then we will do so, but our priority is doing what we can and speaking to him to make sure he feels comfortable and that all the circumstances are right for him to continue.”
- Man City monitoring £20m rated Salzburg striker
- Pep Guardiola heaps praise on Man City ace Ferran Torres
- Pep Guardiola takes a swipe at Man City critics
- Man City monitoring 4 time UCL winning Spanish midfielder
- City urged to sign ex striker by former player
- Kompany believes Lukas Nmecha is a complete striker
- Bernardo Silva would love to see Kylian Mbappe at Manchester City
- Sergio Aguero could be out for a month with injury
- Guardiola confirms Man City considered signing a striker this summer
- Man City loanee just can’t stop scoring