Manchester City are optimistic about agreeing on a new contract with midfielder Kevin de Bruyne.
The 29 year old midfielder is their best player and the Premier League side are looking to tie him down to a long term contract.
Both parties are currently in talks regarding the extension and the midfielder is expected to renew his contract until the summer of 2025.
Manchester City will have to keep their best players if they want to challenge for the top honours and agreeing on a new deal with Kevin de Bruyne should be their top priority right now.
The Premier League side are at a stage where they will have to go through another rebuild as some of their star players are going to be past their peaks soon. City must look to De Bruyne to lead them through that phase.
He is one of the best players in the world and City must do everything in their power to convince him to stay at the club.
Apparently, De Bruyne is open to finishing his career at City and it will be interesting to see if the two parties can finalise the agreement soon.
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash