Manchester City defender Eric Garcia has been linked with a move away from the club this summer.
The player wants to return to Barcelona but the Spanish club are yet to meet the Premier League side’s asking price for the defender.
Apparently, Barcelona are offering €17m including add ons and Manchester City won’t do business unless there is a €20m offer on the table.
It will be interesting to see if the two parties can reach an agreement in the coming hours.
Garcia is keen on an exit and Manchester City should look to cash in on him. It would be make no sense holding on to an unhappy player.
Furthermore, they have signed Ruben Dias and Garcia is hardly going to start for them this season.
Guardiola already has Laporte, Dias, Ake and Stones at his disposal and Fernandinho can chip in as a centre back if needed.
That said, losing a talent like Garcia will certainly be disappointing for the Premier League giants.
Eric Garcia has a big future ahead of him and he would be a smart acquisition for Barcelona if they manage to sign him today.
The player needs to play regularly and therefore the move would make sense from his perspective.
- Man City monitoring £20m rated Salzburg striker
- Pep Guardiola heaps praise on Man City ace Ferran Torres
- Pep Guardiola takes a swipe at Man City critics
- Man City monitoring 4 time UCL winning Spanish midfielder
- City urged to sign ex striker by former player
- Kompany believes Lukas Nmecha is a complete striker
- Bernardo Silva would love to see Kylian Mbappe at Manchester City
- Sergio Aguero could be out for a month with injury
- Guardiola confirms Man City considered signing a striker this summer
- Man City loanee just can’t stop scoring