Manchester City defender Eric Garcia has been linked with a move away from the club this summer.
The player wants to return to Barcelona but the Spanish club are yet to meet the Premier League side’s asking price for the defender.
Apparently, Barcelona are offering €17m including add ons and Manchester City won’t do business unless there is a €20m offer on the table.
It will be interesting to see if the two parties can reach an agreement in the coming hours.
Garcia is keen on an exit and Manchester City should look to cash in on him. It would be make no sense holding on to an unhappy player.
Furthermore, they have signed Ruben Dias and Garcia is hardly going to start for them this season.
Guardiola already has Laporte, Dias, Ake and Stones at his disposal and Fernandinho can chip in as a centre back if needed.
That said, losing a talent like Garcia will certainly be disappointing for the Premier League giants.
Eric Garcia has a big future ahead of him and he would be a smart acquisition for Barcelona if they manage to sign him today.
The player needs to play regularly and therefore the move would make sense from his perspective.
- Match Review: Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate
- City Football Group name Club Bolivar as first Partner Club