Manchester City have been handed an injury boost this week as captain Fernandinho who returned to training.
The midfielder has been sidelined with an injury he picked up against Porto in the Champions League and the experienced Brazilian’s return should improve Manchester City immensely.
Fernandinho can play as the defensive midfielder or a centre back and it will be interesting to see how Pep Guardiola uses him this season.
It is evident that he has regressed physically with age and Rodri is now the first choice defensive midfielder at the club.
The Brazilian started at centre back last season but Manchester City have now signed Ruben Dias and the Portuguese defender has managed to impress since his move to Manchester.
There is no doubt that Fernandinho who will still be a key player for Manchester City this season and it will be interesting to find out what role Guardiola has planned for him going forward.
Manchester City are still missing the likes of Sergio Aguero, Benjamin Mendy and Nathan Ake due to injuries.
They will need their key stars fit and firing in order to win the Premier League title this year.
- City overtake Arsenal as bookmaker’s favorite for Houssem Aouar
- Stats shine light on John Stones’s impressive comeback against Olympiakos
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan