Manchester City could be handed a triple injury boost ahead of their match against Tottenham at the weekend.
Sergio Aguero, Fernandinho and Raheem Sterling are currently sidelined but all three players could be back against Tottenham on Saturday.
Sergio Aguero has played just 178 minutes of football in the past four months but he is recovering well from his hamstring injury and he has been training alone this week.
Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho returned to training last week and he is expected to be involved in Saturday’s game as well. He picked up an injury against Porto in the Champions League earlier on in the season.
Meanwhile Raheem Sterling missed England’s friendly against the Republic of Ireland and the Nations League game against Belgium after feeling a muscle twinge in training.
The winger is expected to sit out of Wednesday’s game against Iceland as well but he will be expected to return for the clash against Tottenham.
Manchester City need their top players back from injury in order to consolidate their position in the title race and Guardiola will be delighted to have three of his key players returning this weekend.
Guardiola’s side have started the season in mixed form and they will need their best players to stay fit so that they can improve in the coming weeks.
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town –Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Club World Cup final: Manchester City vs Fluminense Preview, Prediction & Team News
- Preview: Urawa Red Diamonds vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups