City manager Roberto Mancini has played down his side’s chances of snatching the Premier League title this season.
The blues have forced their way back into the top four with a run of four successive league victories, with three of those being played under the Italian, which has prompted some to claim that City can still launch a title challenge.
But Mancini has dismissed that possibility this season. “To my mind, there are three teams that can win the league: Chelsea, Arsenal or Manchester United,” says the for Inter boss.
“There are other teams who are only just behind so nothing is totally impossible, but for me, it is between those three.”
City will be hoping to consolidate their place in the top four with a victory at Everton this afternoon but The Toffees will prove a stern test for Mancini’s City. The home side have not lost a game since their 2-0 home defeat to neighbours Liverpool at the end of November and have since drawn at both Chelsea and Arsenal. However, their 2-0 home win against Burnley during the Christmas period was only their third home win of the season.
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town –Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Club World Cup final: Manchester City vs Fluminense Preview, Prediction & Team News
- Preview: Urawa Red Diamonds vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups