City boss Roberto Mancini is not wasting any time in bringing in new blood after announcing the blues are close to signing Jerome Boateng from Hamburg.
The younger brother of Portsmouth star Kevin Prince has been high on Mancini’s list of transfer targets and the Italian now looks likely to complete an £11m deal as early as this week.
It is a clear message from Mancini that they will not settle for anything less than a top four place next season and to reiterate that point, the blues have also been linked with a £40m move or Liverpool and England midfielder Steven Gerrard.
The versatile German international can play at right back, centre back or midfield and will be Mancini’s third signing since taking over as manager in December 2009. Once signed, Boateng will become the third Hamburg player to join the blues since 2008, with Vincent Kompany and Nigel de Jong already established in the City first team.
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- How Manchester City will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Manchester City enquire about Florian Wirtz after Kevin de Bruyne injury
- Man City in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Guardiola looks to build on their success last term
- Will Erling Haaland stay long enough to beat Sergio Aguero’s record at Man City?