City boss Roberto Mancini is on alert after speculation from Spain that Yaya Toure, brother of City defender Kolo, could be set to leave Barcelona.
According to the midfielder’s agent, Dimitri Seljuk, Toure is ‘90% certain’ to leave the Nou Camp this summer, with Arsenal and City leading the race for his signature.
The blues have been long time admirers of the Ivory Coast star, who Seljuk describes as the ‘best player in the world in his position.’ But the blues should prepare for disappointment as Seljuk claims Arsenal are interested and believes they can do business. “I think we can do something with the club of Arsene Wenger,” said Seljuk.
City hope the fact his brother is captain at Eastlands will influence the midfielder, but Barcelona may use Toure as bait in order to land Arsenal’s Cesc Fabregas, while Premier League runners up United may also be interested in signing the star.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville