City boss Roberto Mancini is on alert after speculation from Spain that Yaya Toure, brother of City defender Kolo, could be set to leave Barcelona.
According to the midfielder’s agent, Dimitri Seljuk, Toure is ‘90% certain’ to leave the Nou Camp this summer, with Arsenal and City leading the race for his signature.
The blues have been long time admirers of the Ivory Coast star, who Seljuk describes as the ‘best player in the world in his position.’ But the blues should prepare for disappointment as Seljuk claims Arsenal are interested and believes they can do business. “I think we can do something with the club of Arsene Wenger,” said Seljuk.
City hope the fact his brother is captain at Eastlands will influence the midfielder, but Barcelona may use Toure as bait in order to land Arsenal’s Cesc Fabregas, while Premier League runners up United may also be interested in signing the star.
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- How Manchester City will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Manchester City enquire about Florian Wirtz after Kevin de Bruyne injury
- Man City in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Guardiola looks to build on their success last term
- Will Erling Haaland stay long enough to beat Sergio Aguero’s record at Man City?