Fulham’s 5-4 aggregate victory over Juventus has left Roberto Mancini with egg on his face after the City manager claimed Juventus ‘couldn’t lose’ ahead of the Europa League game.
Speaking to Tuttosport, Bobby claimed Juve had ‘greater depth’ than Fulham and that they ‘cannot lose, in the sense that they would go through to the quarter finals.’
Juve were favourites to progress after taking a 3-1 first leg lead to Craven Cottage and took the lead before Fulham completed a remarkable comeback to win 4-1 on the night and send The Old Lady crashing out of the competition.
It just goes to show how a team can be seriously underestimated, no matter what competition they are playing in. I just hope that Bobby doesn’t make any more blunders before Sunday’s game.
- Man City loanee just can’t stop scoring
- Club chiefs monitoring Leipzig manager Julian Nagelsmann
- Man City winger denies quotes linking him to PSG
- Sergio Aguero would be willing to apologise to Sian Massey-Ellis
- Angelino opens up on his struggles at Manchester City
- One for the Future – Man City on the verge of signing highly rated Serbian winger
- ‘We’ll see what the player wants’ – Aguero’s agent provides update on the striker’s future
- Fabrizio Romano: Man City monitoring €50 million valued Spanish center back
- Pep Guardiola confirms Fernandinho will be out for ‘a long time’ with injury
- Pep hopes to convince €20 million rated defender into staying