Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi is not going to be negotiating with any clubs before the end of the current season.
According to Goal, The Argentine is yet to be targeted by any other club.
Sources close to the player have described the exit rumors as fake news and insist that nothing is still decided about where Messi will play next season.
Despite being linked to the exit door throughout the current season, Messi has not made any call regarding his future.
Manchester City and Paris Saint Germain are the main clubs targeting a move for the Ballon D’or winner whenever he is available. City are the present favorites if he decides to leave due to the presence of Pep Guardiola and Sergio Aguero.
If he comes next season, Guardiola will be there to welcome him with open arms if not Aguero. City are confident of being front runners due to the recent contract extension of Guardiola.
The upcoming Barcelona Presidential election have also shone some light on Messi’s current status at the club. While some candidates are calling for his departure due to financial reasons, Joan Laporta is confident of getting him on a new contract.
This transfer saga will only be resolved when Messi himself makes a statement about his future.
Till then, City and PSG fans can keep dreaming of having a player of Messi’s caliber gracing them with his presence next season.
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate
- City Football Group name Club Bolivar as first Partner Club
- Guardiola personally contacts Real Madrid superstar asking him to join Manchester City
- City make a formal approach for David Alaba
- Man City face a tough battle against Southampton at the St. Mary’s
- Here is why Man City should move for Lautaro Martinez