Former Manchester City player and Sky Sports pundit Micah Richards has tipped star striker Sergio Aguero to follow his manager Pep Guardiola and renew his contract.
Speaking to the Daily Mail, Richards said:
“His intention has always been to finish his career back in Argentina but I expect now Pep Guardiola has signed a contract extension that Sergio will do the same”.
“Whether it is for 12 months or two years, it is a piece of business I hope City conclude”.
“City will sign another striker in the future, and hopes are high for Gabriel Jesus and Ferran Torres, but there is nobody like Sergio”.
“There will never be another one like him at Manchester City and there haven’t been many better in the Premier League”.
Sergio Aguero is in the last year of his contract at Man City. The Argentine legend has been tight lipped about his future. Many close to Aguero believe he may decide to leave the club.
On a positive note, Pep Guardiola renewed his contract at Manchester City. His two year renewal extends his stay till 2023. The deal till 2023 will be Guardiola’s 7th year at the club, the longest in his managerial career.
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan
- Nathan Ake to return to training by the end of the week
- Eric Garcia to be the priority for Barcelona in the January transfer window – overtakes Memphis Depay for the top spot