Former Manchester City player and Sky Sports pundit Micah Richards has tipped star striker Sergio Aguero to follow his manager Pep Guardiola and renew his contract.
Speaking to the Daily Mail, Richards said:
“His intention has always been to finish his career back in Argentina but I expect now Pep Guardiola has signed a contract extension that Sergio will do the same”.
“Whether it is for 12 months or two years, it is a piece of business I hope City conclude”.
“City will sign another striker in the future, and hopes are high for Gabriel Jesus and Ferran Torres, but there is nobody like Sergio”.
“There will never be another one like him at Manchester City and there haven’t been many better in the Premier League”.
Sergio Aguero is in the last year of his contract at Man City. The Argentine legend has been tight lipped about his future. Many close to Aguero believe he may decide to leave the club.
On a positive note, Pep Guardiola renewed his contract at Manchester City. His two year renewal extends his stay till 2023. The deal till 2023 will be Guardiola’s 7th year at the club, the longest in his managerial career.
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out for six weeks with hamstring injury
- Match Review: Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate