Newly promoted Newcastle are set to make a £3.5m bid for City defender Nedum Onuoha, according to the Daily Mail.
The Toon are looking to bolster their defence following their return to the Premiership and will turn to the City youngster who seems desperate to end his City career. Onuoha has made 113 appearances for City, scoring five goals, including his double against Birmingham last season and recently launched a scathing attack on manager Roberto Mancini, claiming the new manager didn’t like him and felt like he was taking a backseat.
The defender also claimed the Italian had ruined Joleon Lescott’s World Cup chances by saying the summer signing from Everton would miss the final two games of the season. But Onuoha claims the England man could have played as Lescott was back in training.
Should City let the defender go?
Onuoha has apparently grown despondent with life at Eastlands and recently criticised manager Roberto Mancini
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town –Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Club World Cup final: Manchester City vs Fluminense Preview, Prediction & Team News
- Preview: Urawa Red Diamonds vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups