Jay Jay Okocha feels City defender Nedum Onouha may regret his decision not to play for Nigeria and hold out for an England call.
The former Bolton midfielder, who won 75 caps for Nigeria, claims that playing for Nigeria would have given Onouha the chance to appear at the World Cup. “If I were him I would jump at the chance of playing for Nigeria rather than beg for an England shirt.”
The defender hadn’t decided on his international future prior to speaking to national manager Lars Lagerback in April and it has led to the Swede leaving Onouha out of his provision al world Cup squad, with England boss Fabio Capello also overlooking the young City defender.
Onuoha is eligible to play for Nigeria despite playing for England Under 21’s as the defender has not yet made an appearance for the senior team.
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups