Fresh from our apparent bid for James Milner and David Luiz, the blues have now been linked with a new target: Yoann Gourcuff.
The French international currently plays for Bordeaux and comes with a piece tag of £25m. The 23 year old playmaker has made 28 appearances for the French side, scoring 6 goals and is expected to be given a starting spot in the French World Cup team at this summer’s finals.
If the blues do decide to make a bid for the player, they face stiff competition from Premier League rivals Arsenal and Champions League semi-finalist Lyon for his signature. The Gunners see the midfielder as an ideal replacement for Cesc Fabregas, who has continually been rumoured to be joining Barcelona during the summer, while Lyon have not hidden the fact that they are interested in Gourcuff.
How many more player will be linked to the blues before the transfer window closes? Answers on a postcard please.
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement