Former Manchester City midfielder Owen Hargreaves has claimed that there are only two clubs left in the world that Pep Guardiola can manage in the future.
According to the former England international Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain are the only two clubs the Spaniard could end up joining.
He has already proven himself at Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Manchester City. Guardiola is unlikely to end up at Real Madrid because of his connections with Barcelona and therefore Juventus and PSG are the only options left for him.
Hargreaves wants the Spanish manager to continue at Manchester City and build a legacy with them.
He said: “I love that Pep wanted to embrace the challenge and come over here.
“He did it at Barcelona and Bayern, I think he embraces that, so I think it will be hard to pick a better job than the one he has.
“He’s done Bayern and Barca, he’s not going to go to Real Madrid, so there’s probably only Juventus, PSG or a national team left.
“I’d love to see him stay for a long time and build a legacy – he’s been at City longer than anywhere else so I think he knows he’s in a great spot.”
It will be interesting to see what Pep Guardiola decides at the end of this season.
Manchester City will want to keep him at the club for as long as possible and it is fair to assume that there won’t be any issues regarding a contract extension from the club’s end. It will come down to the manager’s wishes eventually and it remains to be seen whether Pep Guardiola is open to a new challenge next season.
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups