Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has thrown his weight around his struggling former assistant Mikel Arteta as the Arsenal manager.
Mikel Arteta is under severe pressure as the Gunners manager. His squad is being described as a rudderless ship with the manager’s way of football not working.
Arsenal are struggling in nearly every department of their squad with regards to the performances. The goals have dried up, the midfield lacks creativity and the defense is struggling to stop the leak of goals.
One of the best playmakers in the world, Mesut Ozil, has been frozen out of the squad and club captain Pierre Emerick Aubameyang has not scored since signing a new contract.
Despite a fairytale start to his Arsenal career, the rumors of being sacked are not leaving Arteta alone.
Pep Guardiola has come to the rescue of his former assistant, saying:
“Arsenal doesn’t have a manager to lead this club in the next years better than him. I don’t have to give my support, because he has it and knows he has it”.
“He is one of the best managers I ever worked with, of course, and seen directly – for his personality, his commitment, his love for his club. Without his love for his club, he still would be here”.
‘I’m pretty sure he will turn it over and do it like everyone expects. Sometimes when a club comes from not a good period, it needs time. I know in this world, people think it doesn’t need time”.
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate
- City Football Group name Club Bolivar as first Partner Club
- Guardiola personally contacts Real Madrid superstar asking him to join Manchester City
- City make a formal approach for David Alaba
- Man City face a tough battle against Southampton at the St. Mary’s
- Here is why Man City should move for Lautaro Martinez