Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has urged the football authorities to make the rules regarding concussion clear.
Speaking before City’s clash against Porto, he said:
“Hopefully Raul Jimenez and David Luiz find they are well and I have heard that Raul Jimenez has had an operation so that hopefully has gone well”.
“This is the most important thing because with head injuries you have to be careful. I don’t know the protocols, some of them say you have to be nearly out (unconscious), some of them say no so it should be clear”.
“Because head injuries are so dangerous but hopefully they, Luiz and Jimenez, are doing well.”
Guardiola’s comments come in the aftermath of the sickening collision between Luiz and Jimenez during Arsenal’s match against Wolves.
Manchester City goalkeeper Ederson has also lent his voice to this affair. Ederson himself was on the receiving end of an accidental boot to his face a few years ago.
Guardiola will be back on the touchline when Man City face Porto in the Uefa Ucl in Portugal.
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups