Manchester City picked up a 3-1 win over Porto in the Champions League last night but they have been dealt a cruel injury blow.
Star midfielder Fernandinho went off with an injury an manager Pep Guardiola has now confirmed that the Brazilian will be out for a long time.
Manchester City are already dealing with the injuries of Kevin de Bruyne, Gabriel Jesus, Nathan Ake, Benjamin Mendy and Aymeric Laporte.
It will be interesting to see how the Premier League giants cope with their injury crisis in the coming weeks.
Manchester City have already made a mixed start to their season and they need to put together a winning run in order to properly challenge for the Premier League title.
Fernandinho’s injury blow has come at a crucial stage of the season and Manchester City will need a bit of luck to get through this injury crisis.
The Brazilian was brought on as a substitute in the 85th minute against Porto but he had to be taken off in the closing stages of the game and was replaced by John Stones.
The Manchester City midfielder sent out a message to the fans after the game.
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan
- Nathan Ake to return to training by the end of the week
- Eric Garcia to be the priority for Barcelona in the January transfer window – overtakes Memphis Depay for the top spot