Pep Guardiola signed a two year contract extension with Manchester City earlier in the week and he is now looking to sign the Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi at the end of this season.
The Argentine superstar is in the final year of his contract at Barcelona and he will be a free agent at the end of this season.
Pep Guardiola has worked with Messi during his time as the manager of Barcelona and he wants to lure the six-time Ballon d’Or winner to Etihad Stadium.
According to reports, Manchester City are now determined to sign the 33-year-old and they believe that signing the greatest player of all time can finally help them win the Champions League.
Pep Guardiola has won every domestic trophy with Manchester City and winning the Champions League will be his top priority now.
The Spaniard has failed to win the European trophy ever since he left Barcelona.
It will be interesting to see if Manchester City can convince the Argentine star to move to the Premier League at the end of this season. Signing a player of his calibre on a free transfer could go down in history as a masterstroke.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville