Pep Guardiola signed a two year contract extension with Manchester City earlier in the week and he is now looking to sign the Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi at the end of this season.
The Argentine superstar is in the final year of his contract at Barcelona and he will be a free agent at the end of this season.
Pep Guardiola has worked with Messi during his time as the manager of Barcelona and he wants to lure the six-time Ballon d’Or winner to Etihad Stadium.
According to reports, Manchester City are now determined to sign the 33-year-old and they believe that signing the greatest player of all time can finally help them win the Champions League.
Pep Guardiola has won every domestic trophy with Manchester City and winning the Champions League will be his top priority now.
The Spaniard has failed to win the European trophy ever since he left Barcelona.
It will be interesting to see if Manchester City can convince the Argentine star to move to the Premier League at the end of this season. Signing a player of his calibre on a free transfer could go down in history as a masterstroke.
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out for six weeks with hamstring injury
- Match Review: Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate