Pep Guardiola signed a two year contract extension with Manchester City earlier in the week and he is now looking to sign the Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi at the end of this season.
The Argentine superstar is in the final year of his contract at Barcelona and he will be a free agent at the end of this season.
Pep Guardiola has worked with Messi during his time as the manager of Barcelona and he wants to lure the six-time Ballon d’Or winner to Etihad Stadium.
According to reports, Manchester City are now determined to sign the 33-year-old and they believe that signing the greatest player of all time can finally help them win the Champions League.
Pep Guardiola has won every domestic trophy with Manchester City and winning the Champions League will be his top priority now.
The Spaniard has failed to win the European trophy ever since he left Barcelona.
It will be interesting to see if Manchester City can convince the Argentine star to move to the Premier League at the end of this season. Signing a player of his calibre on a free transfer could go down in history as a masterstroke.
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan
- Nathan Ake to return to training by the end of the week
- Eric Garcia to be the priority for Barcelona in the January transfer window – overtakes Memphis Depay for the top spot