Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has thrown down the gauntlet for his team to exceed expectations in Europe this season.
Speaking before City’s game against Olympiakos in the Champions League, he said:
“I have a feeling we will do really well this season. ‘I don’t know why but I’ve felt it from the beginning, since we lost to Lyon. We know what we have to do”.
‘The season is so young and I’m very optimistic we are going to do good this season”.
Manchester City will be keen to maintain their perfect start in the Champions League when they meet Olympiakos in Greece.
The team have had a very good start to their European adventure this season. City have won all three of their games till now, scoring 9 goals and conceding just 1.
The Citizens need just one point to qualify for the knockout stage. This will be their eighth successive qualification.
After City’s heartbreak against Lyon last year, Guardiola’s men would be raring to go even further this season.
Manchester City are also welcoming back Benjamin Mendy, Sergio Aguero and Fernandinho back to the squad from their respective injuries.
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate
- City Football Group name Club Bolivar as first Partner Club
- Guardiola personally contacts Real Madrid superstar asking him to join Manchester City
- City make a formal approach for David Alaba
- Man City face a tough battle against Southampton at the St. Mary’s
- Here is why Man City should move for Lautaro Martinez