Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has delivered a positive update on the injury of Gabriel Jesus.
The Spaniard has revealed to MEN that Jesus has started training again with the squad but it is too early to know whether he will be ready to play in the next game.
Manchester City have been without their first choice strikers for a while now and it will be interesting to see when the likes of Jesus and Aguero are back in action.
Pep Guardiola believes that Sergio Aguero will be back in action after the international break.
He said: “Right now, I don’t know. He’s getting better but I don’t know. We don’t want him to have a setback but he’s getting better. I don’t know about Liverpool but I think for sure after the international break he will be ready“
Manchester City face Liverpool in the Premier League in the coming weeks and it will be interesting to see how they perform without the likes of Aguero.
It could be a vital game for both teams as they look to challenge for the Premier League title once again.
Aguero has an impressive record against Liverpool and the Argentine striker will surely be missed against Jurgen Klopp’s side later this month.
Manchester City have started the season in mixed form and they will be hoping to close the gap with Liverpool at the top with a win when the two sides meet.
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Manchester City at the front of the queue to sign Erling Haaland
- Man City growing increasingly confident of tying Raheem Sterling down to new contract
- Manchester City’s 5 biggest moments in 2021
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera