Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has agreed to sign a new two-year contract with the club.
The Spaniard will now stay at the club until the summer of 2023.
Pep Guardiola has had an outstanding spell at Manchester City so far and he will be hoping to lead them to more trophies in the coming seasons.
Apart from silverware, Guardiola has managed to build a distinct playing style at the club and he has broken several records along the way.
Manchester City have managed to win 180 one of their 245 matches under the Spaniard’s management and there is no doubt that Guardiola will go down in the Manchester City history as a club legend.
The former Barcelona manager will be hoping to lead his team to Champions League glory this season. He has helped Manchester City win every trophy at the domestic level but his team have failed to deliver in the European stage.
His decision to extend the contract with Manchester City shows that he believes in the clubs project and he is optimistic of achieving something significant in future as well.
Chairman Khaldoon Mubarak said: “It is testament to the qualities of the man that Pep Guardiola’s passion and intelligent approach are now woven into the very fabric of the football we play and our culture as Club. That impact has been central to our success during his tenure and it is why I am delighted that he shares our view that there is so much more to be achieved both on and off the field.
“Pep’s contract extension is the natural next step in a journey which has evolved over many years. It is a product of the mutual trust and respect that exists between him and the entire Club. It also goes to the stability and creativity at the heart of our football operations. Importantly it is a validation of the football structure and philosophy that has been built over more than a decade and to which he has contributed so much.
“I’m sure all City fans share my delight in this new agreement and in anticipating the exciting opportunities that, with continued hard work, are there to be taken.”
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan
- Nathan Ake to return to training by the end of the week
- Eric Garcia to be the priority for Barcelona in the January transfer window – overtakes Memphis Depay for the top spot