Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola is hoping to convince center back Eric Garcia into staying at City. [source- Goal]
Speaking after City’s 3-1 win against Porto in the first game of this year’s UEFA UCL, this is what he said :
“I know he wanted to leave but he’s going to stay and maybe we can seduce him in this year to extend the contract with us”.
“He’s a guy who is so stable in many many things and we are so happy.”
Eric Garcia was a surprise starter for City against Porto. With Aymeric Laporte and Nathan Ake injured, John Stones was left on the bench.
The 19-year-old is in the final year of his contract at City.
He has made it abundantly clear that he wants to leave.
Spanish Giants Barcelona are very interested in the youngster.
He was their priority transfer target in the summer transfer window, but the two clubs could not reach a deal by the final day of the transfer window.
The Catalans may return for Garcia in January, with Barcelona manager Ronald Koeman confirming his side’s continued interest in the defender.
But with Garcia stuck in Manchester for at least 2 more months, City are hoping to convince him to pledge his allegiance to the club.
Eric Garcia is valued at €20 million by Transfermarket.
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Kalvin Phillips IN; Jesus & Sterling OUT
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Guardiola Targeting Two Premier League Defenders
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups