Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has hinted about taking Marseille seriously in the last Uefa Champions League group stage match.
Speaking after confirming the top spot, he said:
“Of course now it is important but it is not just to prepare absolutely for United and Old Trafford, because against Marseille we’re going to play to win. This is the way big teams create the mentality. It doesn’t matter what competition you play, you have to try to do it and we did really well all game.”
Guardiola has called on City to take Marseille seriously even if it is a dead rubber match. City will play Marseille at home on Tuesday before the Manchester Derby on the Weekend.
City have sewn up their progress to the knockout stages with much fuss.
The same cannot be said about the domestic front.
Man City are struggling to get a rhythm going in the Premier League. They are currently 6 points behind leaders Tottenham. Though, we have a game in hand.
Manchester City will hope to continue their big win against Burnley against Fulham on Saturday.
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Manchester City at the front of the queue to sign Erling Haaland
- Man City growing increasingly confident of tying Raheem Sterling down to new contract
- Manchester City’s 5 biggest moments in 2021
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera