Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has urged his players not to take Fulham lightly.
Speaking before the game, he warned:
“They arrive here this afternoon from London in confident mood after a big and important win at Leicester City, so we know we will face a strong challenge and a complicated game”.
“But we are in a very good moment, too. Our last home game ended with an excellent 5-0 win over Burnley and on Tuesday night in Portugal, we secured top place in our UEFA Champions League qualifying group”.
Fulham produced a stunning upset last week to win against Leicester City 2-1. The Cottagers would be hoping to repeat the same feat against Man City.
City would have to be careful not to become another one of Scott Parker’s scalps.
Manchester City need to win this game if they want to produce a serious fight for regaining their lost crown. They are already 6 points behind the top of the table in a highly competitive leaguer this season.
City would have to knock out Fulham out early to give their star players a rest before the big games against Marseille and Manchester United come around next week.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville