Manchester City have confirmed their Champions League squad for the 2020-21 season and their decision to leave Phil Foden out of the 21-man squad has surprised many.
However, it is important to remember that Phil Foden is eligible to be named on City’s B-list and therefore he will be able to play in the Champions League. The same applies for Eric Garcia as well. The Spaniard was close to leaving the club this summer but he ended up staying after Barcelona failed to agree on a deal.
New signings Nathan Ake, Ruben Dias and Ferran Torres have been named in the Champions league squad and it will be interesting to see how Pep Guardiola’s side perform in the European competitions this year.
City are yet to win the competition so far and they had a good chance of going all the way last year. They will be motivated to make their mark in Europe this time around.
Here is the final Manchester City Champions league squad.
Goalkeepers: Ederson, Steffen, Carson.
Defenders: Walker, Dias, Stones, Ake, Zinchenko, Laporte, Mendy, Cancelo.
Midfielders: Gundogan, Rodri, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Torres, Fernandinho.
Forwards: Mahrez, Sterling, Jesus, Aguero.
- Man City monitoring £20m rated Salzburg striker
- Pep Guardiola heaps praise on Man City ace Ferran Torres
- Pep Guardiola takes a swipe at Man City critics
- Man City monitoring 4 time UCL winning Spanish midfielder
- City urged to sign ex striker by former player
- Kompany believes Lukas Nmecha is a complete striker
- Bernardo Silva would love to see Kylian Mbappe at Manchester City
- Sergio Aguero could be out for a month with injury
- Guardiola confirms Man City considered signing a striker this summer
- Man City loanee just can’t stop scoring