England manager Gareth Southgate is expected to recall Phil Foden to the England squad next week.
The 20 year old Manchester City midfielder has been in fantastic form for his club this season and he will be delighted to return to the national team set up this month.
The midfielder was banished from the England squad after breaking the Coronavirus guidelines in Iceland last month and he will be hoping to make amends this time.
In terms of quality, there is no doubt that Foden deserves an England call up and it will be interesting to see how he performs at the international level.
He could be a valuable asset for Southgate and England going forward. Foden has immense technical ability and intelligence and he can operate in a number of positions.
He will add goals and creativity to the England midfield and it remains to be seen how Southgate accommodates him in his starting lineup.
England already have the likes of Mason Mount and Jack Grealish at their disposal. However, there is no doubt that Foden is a much bigger talent than the likes of Mount and he has shown that in the Premier League with Manchester City so far.
The youngster is already a key player for Pep Guardiola’s team and he has managed to score two goals in five appearances this season.
- City overtake Arsenal as bookmaker’s favorite for Houssem Aouar
- Stats shine light on John Stones’s impressive comeback against Olympiakos
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan