Manchester City are set to reward Phil Foden with a bumper new contract.
According to reports, the 20-year-old is likely to treble his wages once the new deal is signed.
The midfielder signed a 6 year contract in 2018 worth around £25,000 per week but he has been outstanding for Manchester City over the past year and he deserves a pay rise.
Manchester City hierarchy are confident that the player will sign a new deal early next year and it will be interesting to see how he develops under Pep Guardiola over the next few years.
There is no doubt that the 20-year-old is one of the best young talents in world football right now and he could develop into a world-class player with experience and coaching.
The midfielder is already a key part of Manchester City’s first team and he has been called up to the England national team as well.
The Premier League side need to keep hold of their best talents in order to continue winning trophies in future and tying Foden down to a new deal should be a top priority for them.
Apparently, Pep Guardiola has already given his seal of approval for a new deal and the club will look to finalise the agreement now.
- Pep Guardiola will not let City’s internationals leave if quarantine is required
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City