Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola personally called Ferran Torres to persuade him to join the club.
Though, the promising winger may have never joined City at all.
According to the Spanish publication Sport, Barcelona had the option to sign Torres in 2017 for a small fee of €8 million. But, he decided to sign a new contract with Valencia instead.
When faced with the same choice this year, Ferran Torres was persuaded to move to England by a call from the Man City boss.
Ferran Torres is proving to be the biggest bargain signing of this year. City signed him to replace Leroy Sane. So far, he is doing an exceptional job of replacing the German.
Ferran Torres has so far scored 4 and assisted 2 goals for Manchester City in his 10 games at the club.
- Match Review: Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate
- City Football Group name Club Bolivar as first Partner Club