Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola personally called Ferran Torres to persuade him to join the club.
Though, the promising winger may have never joined City at all.
According to the Spanish publication Sport, Barcelona had the option to sign Torres in 2017 for a small fee of €8 million. But, he decided to sign a new contract with Valencia instead.
When faced with the same choice this year, Ferran Torres was persuaded to move to England by a call from the Man City boss.
Ferran Torres is proving to be the biggest bargain signing of this year. City signed him to replace Leroy Sane. So far, he is doing an exceptional job of replacing the German.
Ferran Torres has so far scored 4 and assisted 2 goals for Manchester City in his 10 games at the club.
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan
- Nathan Ake to return to training by the end of the week
- Eric Garcia to be the priority for Barcelona in the January transfer window – overtakes Memphis Depay for the top spot