Barcelona defender Gerard Pique has urged Lionel Messi to stay at the club amid Manchester City transfer links.
Speaking at a Q&A session for the CRIS Cancer Foundation, Pique said:
“You will have to ask Leo, I don’t know,” Pique said when asked if Messi will remain at the Nou Camp. “We hope he stays. It’s a personal decision. We will see, but for as long as he’s wearing the Barca shirt, there is always hope. We hope to seduce him to stay for many more years.”
Pique is hopeful of Lionel Messi signing a new contract and committing his future to the Catalan club.
The transfer rumors of Lionel Messi to Man City have intensified with the January transfer window approaching. City are hopeful of luring the Argentine legend to England and linking him up with his former manager Pep Guardiola.
City have drawn up an ambitious 10 year plan to maximize this transfer to the fullest. There is a feeling among the club officials that a successful move for Messi would finally transform Man City into a super club.
Lionel Messi is out of contract next summer. So, there is a chance of City snapping him up on a free transfer next year.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville