Former English footballer and pundit Danny Mills questioned Manchester City’s interest in Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish.
Speaking to Talksport, he said:
“My concern for Jack going to Man City is where does he fit into that system and where does he play?”
“Sergio Aguero is going to be the number nine and if not it’s going to be Gabriel Jesus and they’ve brought in Ferran Torres – he’s doing ok”.
“You’ve got Raheem Sterling on the other side and then you drop into the midfield area where you probably expect Jack to play”.
“Would it be a kick in the teeth for Foden if that happens?”
Manchester City are showing an interest in Jack Grealish. Manager Pep Guardiola is a big fan of the midfielder and he apparently discussed a move for the Englishman with midfield superstar Kevin De Bruyne.
Most of the talk during Guardiola’s contract renewal negotiations were centered around potential transfer targets. Top names discussed were Grealish and Harry Kane.
Jack Grealish could be targeted as a successor for club legend David Silva. Silva’s departure has left a void in the City midfield. Phil Foden was said to be the successor of Silva’s position at the club.
Jack Grealish would cost around £100 million due to his current contract situation.
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate
- City Football Group name Club Bolivar as first Partner Club
- Guardiola personally contacts Real Madrid superstar asking him to join Manchester City
- City make a formal approach for David Alaba
- Man City face a tough battle against Southampton at the St. Mary’s
- Here is why Man City should move for Lautaro Martinez