Former English footballer and pundit Danny Mills questioned Manchester City’s interest in Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish.
Speaking to Talksport, he said:
“My concern for Jack going to Man City is where does he fit into that system and where does he play?”
“Sergio Aguero is going to be the number nine and if not it’s going to be Gabriel Jesus and they’ve brought in Ferran Torres – he’s doing ok”.
“You’ve got Raheem Sterling on the other side and then you drop into the midfield area where you probably expect Jack to play”.
“Would it be a kick in the teeth for Foden if that happens?”
Manchester City are showing an interest in Jack Grealish. Manager Pep Guardiola is a big fan of the midfielder and he apparently discussed a move for the Englishman with midfield superstar Kevin De Bruyne.
Most of the talk during Guardiola’s contract renewal negotiations were centered around potential transfer targets. Top names discussed were Grealish and Harry Kane.
Jack Grealish could be targeted as a successor for club legend David Silva. Silva’s departure has left a void in the City midfield. Phil Foden was said to be the successor of Silva’s position at the club.
Jack Grealish would cost around £100 million due to his current contract situation.
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Bayern Munich vs Manchester City – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Manchester City in April: Next six Premier League fixtures
- Arsenal vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Manchester City vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups