Manchester City star Raheem Sterling is hounding manager Pep Guardiola to let him play every match.
Sterling was common face for many of City’s starting fixtures this season. But, he has been out of action for the previous games due to squad rotation.
Speaking about this, Guardiola said: “Absolutely nothing differently than he has done since we are together. He is an incredibly important player for us and the season is so long with so many games. His contribution for us this season was huge, has been, and will be in the future”.
Guardiola revealed that multiple players ask him constantly to let them play every game.
The strength of this City side has naturally set off a competition between the players to feature constantly on the team sheet.
Raheem Sterling’s struggles in the final third this season have seen him dropped to the bench for the past few fixtures. He started in City’s goalless draw against Porto in the Uefa UCL.
Raheem Sterling would hope to rediscover his scoring touch again when Man City face Fulham on Saturday.
- Manchester City in April: Next six Premier League fixtures
- Arsenal vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Manchester City vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Man City in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Manchester City Players at the 2022 World Cup