A stunning report from Spain has indicated of Manchester City star Kevin De Bruyne’s interest in Real Madrid.
According to Don Balon, De Bruyne may be forced to leave City if their recent struggles continue.
The Belgian playmaker may seek refuge with Spanish giants Real Madrid if he does arrive at the decision to leave Manchester.
A response from Real Madrid has not been stated in the report. Apparently, the Spanish giants are not sure of how to respond to this.
It goes without a doubt, De Bruyne’s departure would be a big blow to Man City. The midfielder has been City’s leader on the pitch with his performances since his arrival from Wolfsburg in 2015. He has been the driving force of City’s consecutive title triumphs under Pep Guardiola.
Although, the team suffered a disappointment by losing their crown to Liverpool, De Bruyne had his best season to date in his professional career.
He was by far the best midfielder in the world last season and he tied Arsenal legend Thierry Henry’s long standing record of 20 assists in the PL.
De Bruyne has cut as a frustrated player in the recent works with Man City’s recent struggles. The Belgian’s body language against Manchester United was of frustration and he may be annoyed by the missed chances against West Brom.
Madrid may not be seriously thinking of making a move for De Bruyne at this time. Though, an opportunity may present itself if Luka Modric or Toni Kroos would depart.
Kevin De Bruyne is expected to cost Real Madrid a big amount of money. A fee close to €100 million is guaranteed.
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement
- Joao Cancelo: from an expensive reserve to an integral cog in Guardiola’s Manchester City machine
- City youngster Jayden Braaf completes loan deal to Udinese for the rest of the season