Manchester City defender Eric Garcia was heavily linked with a move back to Spain this summer.
However, the Premier League giants refused to sell him to Barcelona in the end.
As per Goal, the reason why Manchester City refused to sell the player to the Spanish outfit was because of their poor offer and the injury crisis at the club.
Apparently, Barcelona’s add-ons were considered unrealistic and the English club are desperate to cope with the current injury problems by keeping their players now even if it means that they will lose players like Garcia on a free transfer next summer.
The 19-year-old will certainly add depth and quality to City’s back four this season and it is understandable why the club want to keep him. They will be hoping to challenge for the Premier League title and they cannot afford to weaken the squad at this time.
It will be interesting to see if Garcia gets to play first team football this season especially with the likes of Ruben Dias at the club now.
He is the fifth choice centre back at Manchester City and he will have to perform remarkably well in training to force his way into the first team lineup.
- Manchester City Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester City v Liverpool – Carabao Cup Fourth Round Draw – News & Predictions
- Man City must contend with Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea this season
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits